Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Crime and Punishment

by Fyodor Dostoevsky

 

At book club last month, we were talking about books (obvs) and what we intend to read vs what actually gets read. One person remarked that she's been trying to tackle War and Peace for a while, but typically only makes it to chapter three. I once pushed myself through Crime and Punishment but I cannot find an entry for it!

 

Part of the reason I like this blog is because I can search for author or title and jog my memory. (My reading pensieve - I've been relistening to Harry Potter books.)  After searching this blog for an entry, I turned to the Excel spreadsheet that I used to use for making notes about books. Not there, either. Yet I vividly remember pushing myself through Crime and Punishment and deciding that I really don't like Russian literature very much. 


While in the Excel sheet, I decided to start moving titles to this blog. Since the list is currently sorted by author, I was in the Ds (Dostoevsky). I'll make a separate entry for the book I grabbed (a Sharon Draper title). I don't really remember much about Crime and Punishment other than it felt like a punishment for me to force myself to read it!


Oh . . . and there are 285 more titles on my Excel "Reading Log" from the mid-2000s . . .

No comments: